Jo Carter [email protected]
Contact Number: 07927 808372
What does Grace Hosting offer?
The Grace Hosting project was previously known as Short Stop. It links volunteers who have a spare room in their house, with asylum seekers and refugees who have nowhere to stay.
Grace Hosting volunteers provide a hot meal and a safe place to sleep for people who have nowhere else to go.
Guests may spend a few nights, a few weeks, or (in a few very particular circumstances) may go on to stay longer than this.
Last year, our volunteers helped to provide a meal and a bed for the night more than 3,800 times.
How do I refer myself or someone I know to Grace Hosting?
If you need to make a referral, please ask your client to contact
They will then meet and assess the person, and refer them if necessary
Alternatively, people can be referred from the following drop-ins
- the Meeting Point Drop Ins [link] – take place on Mondays 15:00 – 18:00 & Wednesdays 13:00 – 15:00 (Women Only) at
- Christ Church, Armley Ridge Road, Armley, LS12 3LN [map]
- [Up to date info on drop in dates and times can be found here]
- The PAFRAS drop in [link] takes place on Wednesdays 10:00 – 14.00 at
How can I help?
Grace volunteers to act as
- Hosts – people with a spare room in their house, who can offer accommodation to a destitute asylum seeker.
- Shorter Stay Hosts offer to put someone up for anything between one night and a few weeks.
- Longer Stay Hosts provide accommodation ranging from a few weeks or sometimes even months at a time
- Here’s a short introduction Hosting, which might be useful if you’re considering becoming a Host
- Co-ordinators – people who help link Hosts with people looking for accommodation. If you can spare a few hours during the day on a regular basis, and have access to a telephone and PC, please consider volunteering as a Grace host Coordinator. Find out more information about what this role involves here.
You can apply to become a Hosting Coordinator, or register your interest in becoming a Host by completing our online application form.
For more information, contact Jo on 07927 808372 or email [email protected]