Jo Carter [email protected]
Contact Number: 07927 808372
What does Grace Hosting offer?
The Grace Hosting project was previously known as Short Stop. It links volunteers who have a spare room in their house, with asylum seekers and refugees who have nowhere to stay.
Grace Hosting volunteers provide a hot meal and a safe place to sleep for people who have nowhere else to go.
Guests may spend a few nights, a few weeks, or (in a few very particular circumstances) may go on to stay longer than this.
Last year, our volunteers helped to provide a meal and a bed for the night more than 3,800 times.
How do I refer myself or someone I know to Grace Hosting?
If you need to make a referral, please ask your client to contact
They will then meet and assess the person, and refer them if necessary
Alternatively, people can be referred from the following drop-ins
- the Meeting Point Drop Ins [link] – take place on Mondays 15:00 – 18:00 & Wednesdays 13:00 – 15:00 (Women Only) at
- Christ Church, Armley Ridge Road, Armley, LS12 3LN [map]
- [Up to date info on drop in dates and times can be found here]
- The PAFRAS drop in [link] takes place on Wednesdays 10:00 – 14.00 at
How can I help?
We have stopped recruiting new Hosts for the time being. If you would like us to contact you when we are recruiting again, please register your interest via our online application form.
We still need people to act as Grace Coordinators though – the people who help match guests to hosts. If you can spare a few hours a day every couple of weeks – you could make an enormous difference
Grace volunteers to act as
- Hosts – people with a spare room in their house, who can offer accommodation to a destitute asylum seeker.
- Shorter Stay Hosts offer to put someone up for anything between one night and a few weeks.
- Longer Stay Hosts provide accommodation ranging from a few weeks or sometimes even months at a time
- Here’s a short introduction Hosting, which might be useful if you’re considering becoming a Host
- Co-ordinators – people who help link Hosts with people looking for accommodation. If you can spare a few hours during the day on a regular basis, and have access to a telephone and PC, please consider volunteering as a Grace host Coordinator. Find out more information about what this role involves here.
You can apply to become a Hosting Coordinator, or register your interest in becoming a Host by completing our online application form.
For more information, contact Jo on 07927 808372 or email [email protected]