There are many ways to help LASSN to deliver our aims of supporting, empowering and integrating asylum seekers and refugees in Leeds.
You can volunteer to help someone
- learn English,
- emergency accommodation,
- make friends and to make stronger connections with their local area.
These aren’t the only volunteering opportunities at LASSN, but they are the main things we focus on.
If you’d like to help us out, complete our online application form, tell us what you’re good at, or what you have to offer, and we’ll try and find a way of putting your talents to good use.
If you can’t offer time, you might donate some money, or organise a fundraiser for us.
If none of these are possible, then there’s still loads you can do to lend support to our cause.
- Read our website, and find out more about the reality of seeking refuge in Leeds.
- Follow us on Twitter or Facebook, and help us get our messages to a wider audience.
- Use the information you find to challenge some of the myths about migration.
- Be kind to strangers, and give people the time of day.
We think all of this helps to make Leeds a kinder, safer, more welcoming place – and we’re grateful for your offer of support.